The power to deploy features from your own dashboard.
Through the use of feature flags you can level up your marketing, engineering and product teams, by installing a single Laravel package.
Why feature flags?
The traditional development cycle is broken
Building with feature branches can suck! In theory, they are a great idea - open a new branch for a new feature, develop in a silo until it's ready, and then merge it back into your main branch. This works for libraries, packages and even mobile apps. In reality, web apps are constantly pushing new changes, maybe multiple times a day but also engineers don't work alone. Other teams will have pressures and stresses that affect the product cycle, creating a painful loop of merge conflicts, code reviews and quality assurance tests.
Built for teams (and skulks)
Marketers, designers and engineers all love us
Level up your organisation and create a more continuous delivery cycle, giving power to the teams when they need it most.
For marketing teams
- Plan effectively for when a feature generally becomes available.
- No more asking if engineering is ready to deploy.
- Schedule the gradual roll-out of features to specific user groups.
- Give your most loyal customers early access to what you've been working on.
- Allow customers to try features before purchasing or upgrading.
For product teams
- Integrate and test new features quickly but safely.
- Explore and experiment with multiple ideas at once.
- Reduce day-one support issues by testing features with smaller groups of actual customers.
- Measure engagement to improve or kill features quickly.
- Tailor the user experience by releasing features to specific user groups.
For engineering teams
- Make code integration faster by merging with flags to keep pull requests lean.
- Constantly deploy and find bugs in production with less risk.
- Less time spent reviewing large, frequently conflicting pull requests.
- Remove the need for extra infrastructure environments when performing quality assurance testing.
- Allow others in the business to review and feedback as you iterate on designs.
The more thoughtful way to build your business
We know that building a business can be challenging. You can quickly go off track and spend too much time, money and effort on the wrong things. Using Flagfox, you will gain the flexibility to work leaner and more innovative.
Speed up development and save time
Unblock your pipeline and get code shipped without any more hassle or pauses.
Reduce systems and save money
Simplify your infrastructure, environment and 3rd party services by building flexibility into the foundation of your product.
Maximise growth loop opportunities for more value
Speed up trial and error to capitalise on your product market fit and discover more avenues for revenue.
Empower non-technical teams and increase efficiency
Allow marketing or growth experts to toggle and schedule features themselves.
Flagfox gives you a crafty advantage over the competition
We can offer you a suite of features that will provide instant value and improve your processes.
- Define groups of users and teams so that you can identify them quickly for testing or rollout.
Scheduling and gradual rollout
- Set up an automatic workflow to release features to an individual or group of users over time.
Authentication and permissions
- Keep your features secure, so only those who need access can use the usual ways within a Laravel application.
Intuitive user experience
- No-code tooling for a straightforward, usable and accessible experience. With a UI that has been designed for anyone, not just developers.
Configure as you go
- Organise features strategically as your application grows, making it easier for your non-technical team members to understand each flag's effect.
- We don't have complicated monthly billing with user or feature restrictions, just a simple license required for your project.
- We don't have complicated monthly billing with per user or per feature restriction, just a simple license required for your project.
Easy to install
- Our documentation is extensive and will only require 5 minutes of your time to have a fully functional feature dashboard ready.
Tiered plans to suit you
We've tried to balance affordability with value. We believe it is worth all the time, complexity and effort you will save. Join the waitlist and we will even give you an introductory discount code for when we launch.
$199 / year
Great for that special project.
- 1 project licence
- Access to all documentation
- Email Support
$599 / year
Good for entrepreneurs or freelancers.
- Up to 5 project licences
- Access to all documentation
- Email Support
For all the projects you could need.
- Unlimited project licences
- Access to all documentation
- Additional Support
Simple, upfront answers
We've tried to answer all the questions we would probably ask if we were in your position. If anything is missing, feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the time of writing this (Fri 27th Jan 2023) I can say no. I sadly didn't get to attend Laracon EU 23 and I don't really know what this means for the Laravel ecosystem beyond seeing a few awesome screenshots on Twitter from the presentation.
I Myself (Peter), am excited for Laravel Pennant. It makes a ton of sense for the community. I don't think Laravel Pennant changes the need for Flagfox from what I have seen so far. That said, maybe this changes people's opinions about Feature Flags for Laravel, and it becomes less desired compared to a first party package many will use. Only time will tell on that one.
Yes, no, maybe... I don't know...
We'll see, there's still a few weeks until Laravel Pennant comes out so. From what little we've seen so far, the experience of using Flagfox doesn't really change at all in light of this and could potentially be built on top of Laravel Pennant. That might be a problem ultimately. We'll let you know when know and lock in that decision.
Are you interested in what we are building?
As a software engineer, marketer or product owner, you might have seen these issues first-hand, as we have. If this is something you think would help, then why not drop your email, and we can keep you informed when it's ready.
We will even give you a unique introductory discount code for when we launch.
Who are we
We are a software engineer (Peter) and a product designer (Caroline) who have faced these genuine problems in our daily lives. We thought there was an opportunity to build upon Peter's popular open source package (over 400k+ installs) and wrap an intuitive user experience around it. Our goal is to provide a tool to improve the product development cycle for other Laravel indie markers, tech agencies and startups.
Peter is a PHP developer who has loved being in the Laravel community since first hearing about it in 2012. In 2019, he created a package to satisfy an engineering curiosity. How could we manage features within Laravel projects so more could be merged quickly? This desire came from seeing the horrors of teams struggling to do continuous integration, often with large feature branches that needed to be held back until the whole epic was ready to be released.
By 2022 it was time for the second version of Feature Flags for Laravel, to improve on the initial idea after gaining a greater insight during those 3 years. For Peter, Flagfox felt like the next logic step in solving this key development problem for the Laravel community.
Caroline is a product designer who is equally comfortable in code, wireframes, or research. She has held many roles throughout her career, from front-end developer, UX designer, and product lead to service designer and app developer. This variety has given her a wide-ranging skillset and a unique view of the product development cycle. She advocates cross-collaboration within product teams and has worked on digital experiences in startups, sass businesses and agencies.
For Caroline, Flagfox allows defining better ways of working, solving everyday pain points and leading in the discussion of what good, healthy product development could be.